Wednesday, September 24, 2008

my journey to lockhood....




Hello everyone, I'm Ciara and I want to welcome you to my page.. My sisterlocks are just under 5 months old, and I absolutely adore them. It is by far my best hair decision.. the process too them is a long story however.. ya got time?

I was dating this guy for about 5 years and we finally washed our hands of eachother, I decided to find some way to officially emancipate myself. At this time I had shoulder length relaxed hair, I went to the hair salon, I told the stylist 2 words, cut off..

In a matter of minutes, my hair was down at my feet and I felt free, for about a year, I continued to cut my hair, and experiment with some weaving. I grew tired of this because it called for frequent visits to the hair salon. I always wanted locks, but I did not desire to cut all my hair off, or wait for the 2 inches of new growth. So, I researched natural hair and found a loctician and she introduced me to sisterlocks. I had never heard of them before, we had an consultation and it was no turning back.. It took about 26 hours to install them I love my babies!!

Ive included pics of me during the installation process as well as what I look like now..

thanx for stopping by, until next time keep luvinciara....

4 comments:

CarmenNC said...

Blogging is fun and thank you for sharing pictures. You made a wonderful decision to get Sisterlocks!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your journey.

Khandi said...

I'm sure you are loving the freedom of SL

Lalaboobaby said...

Your locks look great. Keep on rocking them.